learn more about FPAC

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Studio View - Jodie Baehre

Artist, art enthusiast and art administrator, Jodie Baehre utilizes her studio as not just a work area, but home base for her family.

“My studio is a safe – haven for my work and my ideas, and I have to admit even though my husband lives there too, sometimes I think, “who is this person in my studio looking at my work?” And then he of course asks me to remove my hundreds of tiny canvases off his air hockey table and I think, “oh yes, I know him.” Your Studio just become a place to escape and everything else fades away sometimes” - Jodie

Jodie’s recent body of 100 small works is a collaboration of places she has been, books she has read, architecture and design. Each of the small works has been covered with plastic resin to seal in the moments of thought and provide a smooth, wrapped 4 x 4 or 5 x 5” gift – like box. From the artist studio to your screen, check out her work in person during Fort Point Open Studios, October 14-16. 15 Channel Center Street - #219













No comments:

Post a Comment